Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our two big dogs that think they need to be inside all of the time. The black lab is such a baby, and a big pain too. He gets in the way all of the time, and Sue, our German short hair, well she is no better. Porter had crazy day at school the week of Valentines, the theme was "It's not CRAZY to serve" The school did a whole week of service projects. He was embarrassed to go to school, but I convinced him that everyone was going to look crazy. He had a great time.
Over presidents day I took Port and Camo to the aquarium in Sandy, they both really enjoyed it. We stayed there for a couple of hours and Porter was soaked by the time we left.

The aquarium had a section of local waters. These were fish that were found around in our own lakes. They specified which lake you could find different types of fish in. Porter really enjoyed it.

This is supposed to be a replica of the Great Salt Lake.

Porter got to touch the sea rays, and there were also a few different fish in the petting pond that swam around. The water was almost up to his shoulder so of course his arm is soaked, and then he leaned over so he could touch more, and the front of his shirt got all wet. He didn't seem to care at all until we got outside, and the wind was blowing.

This was in the coral cave that had been built for the kids to play in .

Heather P. and I took our kids to McDonalds so we could visit a while. You know I am grateful for any fast food restaurant that has a play area so I can visit and enjoy a little adult conversation without being interrupted all of the time. Camo and Colee love playing together anyway. It is great!
We went home to Ivins this last weekend to gather the few things that we had left down there. I miss being home so much. No snow, great neighbors and friends. Of course the IN & OUT is great too!! Brent was giving everyone rides on the dune buggy, and our neighbor Karen was telling Brent "no,no,no" So Brent told her he would take her for a ride. Believe or not I think she really enjoyed it!!











6 comments:

Candace said...

How fun! I could use a quick trip to St. George now too. But I guess Spring really isn't too far.

How is school working out for Porter? I hope the transistion has been okay. Valentine's looks like it was a par-tay!

Stacey said...

Your kids are getting so big! I can't believe how old Camo looks. How are things in Utah for you? Have they calmed down at all? And when is your due date? We know it is coming up soon. Keep in touch and give me a call some time, I would love to chat! Love you guys!

Ethington Family said...

I was happy to see you up dated! I have been wondering how you were doing. For some reason I can't help but smile when I read your blog, maybe because you're usually smiling and I picture you typing with a smile. Have a good one!
mary

Laura F said...

I've been waiting for updates, too, and THEN I find out you did something fun like go to the aquarium WITHOUT ME, and what am I supposed to think? ;-) Just kidding, but I was glad for the pictures and tour, because I've been trying to decide if that's something we'd do or not while we're here. Looks like fun! Have you found a house up here yet?

Jones' Adventures said...

Keri, where did you move to? Looks like you survived the big move!
Misty

Heather Kelley Pinegar said...

Yeah...an update!! Porter William looks so grown up!! I swear the last two years he has really changed, I guess that's what happens when he is becoming a tween :)
Mike wants to get together for some grub soon...talk to Brent and we will make a plan!