Sunday, March 29, 2009
Our new baby "Wilson?"
Thursday morning started out pretty good at our house, but I should have known that would be the day Wilson decided to appear. Each one of my boys have decided to arrive on a snowy, cold day. We arrived at the hospital around 9:30a.m. and by 11:23 a.m he was here. We named him Robert, but somehow the name "Wilson" has been sticking to him. Brent named him that when we found out we were having another boy. Now Camo and Port are used to calling him baby wilson so they keep on calling him "baby wilson." Poor kid is going to be confused about his name!!
He weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 19" long. He was having some respitory problems from the start so the respitory team was ready as soon as he came out.(He swallowed lots of poop!) YUCK
I was able to hold him for about one minute before they rushed him up to the NICU.
Brent and I were glad he was finally here.
Brent went right up to the NICU with the baby. They started him on a C-Pap, and thought he would only need it for an hour, but it turned out that it really wasn't working. They put him on a ventilator to let him rest, he was exhausted from breathing so fast and trying so hard. I was glad they did the ventilator. My mom was with Brent which was great because she is a respitory therapist!!
He wasn't all that fond of getting poked and prodded, having tubes put down his throat, up his nose, thru his belly. I couldn't watch for too long it was really upsetting for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
Oh what a cutie!!! Straight on picture he looks like Porter, side view he looks like Camo...Do i sound CRAZY??? Anyways GOOD JOB. Hope he is doing better!!!
Congratulations! My word, you look great!
I love the picture of him with the c-pap machine. Looks like he's trying to take it off! So cute!
Yay! Congratulations guys!! I am glad everything worked out. He is adorable.
Hey Congrats! He is so adorable. I'm glad he's healthy and doing better. That would be scary to see him with all of the tubes on the breathing machine. What's the verdict? Who do people think he looks like?
I can't wait to see him! He looks just like Cameron. I'm so glad he is doing better. Hope your getting some sleep ;)
I'm so happy he is doing so well! I just want to run down there and hold him today! He is so beautiful, of course! Congrats again and we will see you soon!
Oh, I'm so happy for you, Keri. Robert "Wilson" is adorable. I'm so glad everything went well for you and for the baby. Congratulations to all!
Keri, he is gorgeous!! What a sweet little guy! I am so impressed he was out of the NICU so fast! What a little trooper!
We would love to get together again
Keri, Utah Valley Hospital? I thought you were in Ivins? Did you move back up here to Happy Valley? Congrats! He is so handsome! You have 3 good looking boys!
Congrats, Keri!!! I've been so behind on blogging I didn't even know you'd had him until I saw a picture at my mom's house last night! I was so bothered she hadn't told me, and her response was "well, you should have been reading her blog!" What a world! I'm glad you're both doing well, and he's just adorable! Has the name Wilson still stuck? Maybe he'll be a volleyball player!
Post a Comment