Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween dinner and pumpkin carving

It has been a tradition for the last four years that we have lived here to do a dinner and carve pumpkins at my house. These are my neighbors that have become my family. I love them so much. They watch out for my family and even worry about our dog!!
We still get to eat outside on our front patio and sit on the lawn to do our pumpkins. I love it here!! We still have warmer weather, somewhere in the 80's and it is the end of October.

My friend Angie carved this one, I told her I was going to take credit for it, but I have to give it to her. I think she had the hardest one to carve.


Angie is in the green shirt. She is quite the carver! Alex is in the grey sweatshirt next to Porter in the blue shirt with his back to the camera. Alex carved Camo's pumpkin so I didn't have to do both of my boys pumpkins.






There's my good son Porter, he loves having his friends over to do this with us every year.



We had the best dinner ever too. Vicki, (she is wearing black, and has glasses in the pictures) is like having my mom around. She taught me how to make pasta Saturday. So we had fresh pasta with our spaghetti, and Alfredo. I thought it would be fun to have an Italian dinner that night because that's my favorite. I am so excited about the fresh pasta, it is all I want to eat. What a difference it makes with my spaghetti sauce. I will be making more fresh pasta now. I can't wait to make a pot of chicken noodle soup and put some noodles I made in it!!









6 comments:

Heather Kelley Pinegar said...

there are some new faces I don't recognize this year. We miss you guys tons!!
Colee is going to be snow white this year as her Fiona costume won't fit her huge noggin. I should have sent it down last week with Brent for Angies little girl...dang it!!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

I'm coming over for the fresh pasta. I love to make homemade noodles. My Granny taught me when I was little and everytime I make them I think of her.
I would love to see you, so the next time you are up this way or when you move here give me a ring. We'll do lunch. By the way, I love the Halloween tradition. It is great to have good neighbors. I'm glad they take care of you.

Dave and Steff said...

That looks like so much fun! I would love for you to teach me how to make homemade noodles yum! I am way jealous you have the nice weather down there.

Ethington Family said...

That looks like a blast. I always think I should start some tradition like that and then I never do. I need to learn how to make noodles. I think they sound so yummy.
I did have fun in Utah, thanks for your comment. It always makes getting on so fun when I get to hear from wonderful people like you.
Glad you're having fun- take care!

Heidi said...

Looks like fun! I look forward to seeing you on the 15th!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

Hey I just wanted to leave a comment to tell you I am going private. I would love to have you on my view list, so send me an email so I can get you added.
bllrdowney(at)gmail(dot)com
Lindsey