Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Much needed update!

Porter was the guest of honor at the St. George Fire Dept. on October 6. The MDA had a dinner for the firemen to thank them for all the money they had been able to raise for the MDA through "Fill the Boot." Our own firemen in the state of utah were able to raise $360,000 through this program. Our firemen through out the U.S.A raised 28 million dollars for muscular dystrophy. WOW what a great accomplishment! We were able to tell the firemen thank you for all the hard work they do everyday, and especially for the money they raised. We also were able to tell them a little about the disease and what the money they raised funded. It was a great time!! Porters field trip to the Stahli farm. The fourth grade learned a lot about farming, and all of the things farmers do for us.
The kids rotated around 6 different stations learning various things at each. Stahli farm hosted 2600 kids that day. All of the fourth graders in our district.

A lot of the kids had never seen a llama, or been close enough to pet one. This was a great experience for all. They had baby pot belly pigs in this cage, Porter thought they were so cute.
The firemen at the station were extremely good to port. He was able to ask lots of questions and was able to touch and explore so many things on the fire trucks, he had a great time.
This is St. George's brand new fire truck, they haven't even had it for a week. In fact they were still supplying the truck with new equipment so it hasn't even gone out yet.
How great for Porter that they let him push all of the buttons, he had the siren, lights, and horn on having a hay day. There is so much complicated equipment in those trucks I don't know how you even learn all of it.
Port decided to turn on the lights and honk the horn when I was in front of the truck I jumped back a foot or two. That horn is so loud when you are right in front of it. The firemen all got quite a kick out of it. They told port to do it when I was trying to take the picture!! LOL

Camo loves to mow the lawn with his dad. Brent is wonderful about letting him help too. It is no wonder camo and porter love their dad so much, he has a lot more patience with them than I do.
Okay...Camo needed a bath after eating mac and cheese and smashing it everywhere for fun, but he would not get into the bath tub, so I thought he might like the sink, and sure enough, he had a great time. He cried when I finally made him get out. He cracks me up.


We love our fire dept. they are just incredible men. There were no women there, so I don't know if there are any women in their dept.

Last but not least. I canned for the first time in my life, and I went wild one day. I did peaches, pears and tomatoes. Who knows, I liked it enough I will probably do it next year too. I would do a lot more though.





8 comments:

nicole said...

It looks like Porter had a great time! And how cute is Cameron! Your tomatoes look fantastic! Who grew those babies? :)

Heather Kelley Pinegar said...

Ker- Finally!! I keep checking to see if you have any updates. I am nervous to call now because undoubtedly it will be right during nap time!!
It looks like you had a great time with the firemen!
Give our love to our boys!!

Jones' Adventures said...

I am impressed Keri, that you like to can, I did it this year and I think it is a nightmare! I love the family pics. I was glad to see an update!!!
Misty

Ethington Family said...

You awesome little thing! Those canned items look great!
And what a neat experience for Porter to be able to be a part of that- How great for him.
It is about time you up-dated- Of course, I wasn't going to say anything. *grin*
Have a great day!
mary

Judy said...

What a neat experience for Porter. There's nothing better than fire trucks for those boys of ours! I'm impressed with your canning. The bottles look bee-utiful. I do my canning at Macey's when they have their case lot sale. Lazy me. SLY

Ethington Family said...

You are so dang sweet! You always brighten my day- thanks for that!
I only gave you a hard time, cause it's fun to read your blog. Take care!
mary

Dave and Steff said...

Cameron is getting so big!! What a cutie!

Dave and Steff said...

I just noticed your ticker congrats!!