Thursday, August 28, 2008

Porter's first watemelon of the year

This is a yellow watermelon. They keep coming back every year, even though I don't plant them. We never know whether they are going to be red, or yellow until we cut them open. Porter is quite proud of his first pick of the year. He babies those melons.
He is excited to cut the first one open. He wouldn't even let me cut it open.
Port, in front of his small garden, that grows in my front yard. He is such a cute boy. I love him!

7 comments:

The Little Klug Family:) said...

I posted some of these pics on our blog! So we could show your family off too! I am also going to post some Disneyland pics if you wanted to steel them and post them on yours!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

I have been growing watermelon this year and I have no clue when they are ready to pick. It is so frustrating. Porter is a real cutie.

Ethington Family said...

I love watermelon, but they don't grow well here. How fun for Porter, and what a good mom!
Just so you know I tagged you. Sorry, I didn't realize you just posted, so you can take your time, or not do it. Course I'll check to see if you do.

Jenni said...

Never had yellow watermelon. Fascinating.

Cute pics! I can sure see the family resemblance in the last one!

Jones' Adventures said...

Hey Keri, what a cute family! I have actually never heard of a yellow watermelon!
Love Misty

Heidi said...

So how did the watermelon taste? That is so crazy about the color. see ya in a week

Rachael said...

That is the coolest thing--yellow watermelon--crazy--do they taste good?